Diversity Visa Program participant is required to provide recent photograph of him/herself and all co-applicants (spouse and children).
You will need a computer file containing your digital photo (image) which will be submitted online with your entry form.
We highly encourage you to use passport Style photo to upload.
EXAMPLES OF WELL COMPOSED PHOTOS
To make the registration process faster, please make sure your photo meets the following specifications:
- The image must be in JPEG format (Joint Photographic Experts Group).
- The image must be either in color or grayscale; monochrome images (2-bit color depth) will not be accepted.
- If a new digital photograph is taken, it must have a resolution of 320 pixels wide by 240 pixels high, and a color depth of either 24-bit color, 8-bit color, or 8-bit grayscale.
- If a photographic print is scanned, the print must be 2 inches by 2 inches (50mm x 50mm) square. It must be scanned at a resolution of 150 dots per inch (dpi) and with a color depth of either 24-bit color, 8-bit color, or 8-bit grayscale.
- The maximum image size accepted will be sixty-two thousand five hundred (62,500) bytes.
- You must be directly facing the camera; your head should not be tilted up, down or to the side, and should cover about 50% of the area of the photo.
- The photo should have you in front of a neutral, light-colored background. Photos taken with very dark or patterned, busy backgrounds will not be accepted.
- Photos in which your face is not in focus will not be accepted
- Photos in which you are wearing sunglasses or other paraphernalia that detracts from your face will not be accepted.
- Photos with head coverings or hats are only acceptable due to religious beliefs, and even then, may not obscure any portion of your face. Photos with tribal or other headgear not specifically religious in nature are not acceptable. Photos of military, airline or other personnel wearing hats will not be accepted.
Important: The recent photographs for each child have the same requirement as the one you submit for yourself. Group or family photos will not be accepted; there must be a separate photo for each family member.
If the submitted digital image does not conform to the above specifications, the photo will be rejected and application will not be completed.